2022 Dispute Relating to CWU Pay Claim for CWU Represented Grades Employed by Royal Mail Group Consisting of Royal Mail, Parcelforce and Fleet
Please find attached a copy of the declaration of the result for the recent industrial action ballot of the above CWU members employed by Royal Mail Group.
The current legislation requires the union to provide all persons entitled to vote in the ballot and the relevant employers “as soon as is reasonably practicable” after holding of the ballot the following information:
- The number of individuals who were entitled to vote in the ballot.
- The number of votes cast in the ballot.
- The number of individuals answering “Yes” to the question, or as the case may be, to each question.
- The number of individuals answering “No” to the question, or as the case may be, to each question.
- The number of spoiled or otherwise invalid voting papers returned.
- Whether or not the number of votes cast in the ballot is at least 50% of the number of individuals who were entitled to vote in the ballot.
Therefore the ballot result meets the required threshold.
Accordingly you must now take immediate steps to publicise the result to all relevant members, however it is essential that any communications regarding the result must as a minimum contain the information as detailed at items a) to f) inclusively above.
Branches are also reminded that only the National Executive Council has the authority to instruct members to take industrial action.
Further information regarding the next steps of the dispute will be circulated by the DGS (Postal) in due course.
Any enquiries regarding this Letter to Branches should be addressed to the Senior Deputy General Secretary’s Department on telephone number 020 8971 7237, or email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yours sincerely,Terry PullingerTony KearnsDave WardDeputy General Secretary Postal Senior Deputy General SecretaryGeneral Secretary
Leave a Reply