TUPE of BT Facilities Services to CBRE and ISS
It has been brought to our attention that just prior to the Christmas break the employer issued the following statement that appeared on BTFS Change Space and was visible to all our members:
“In order to introduce a new targeting operating model in accordance with their obligations to BT, ISS and CBRE envisage putting forward proposals for changes that may affect transferring BTFS colleagues. Both CBRE and ISS have committed to full consultation, post transfer on any changes proposed.”
We have since learned that some FS Managers have also emailed this out and it appears they are consulting with our members, many of whom are now quite rightly questioning the statement and are concerned about the implications.
The CWU condemn the actions taken by the employer as, without any detail or understanding of what this statement actually means this is provocative and inflammatory at this point of the consultation.
As a consequence we have been in touch with the company and reminded them that the CWU is the recognised trade union that has collective bargaining rights for the team member representative group and this management action is unacceptable.
It is the aim of the CWU to try and deal with any changes via negotiation and collective agreement.
To remind branches regarding the CWU objectives are as follows:
- To campaign against the outsourcing of BT Facilities Services.
- To oppose any compulsory redundancies and to agree improved voluntary terms for any job losses.
- To protect the existing terms and conditions of employment including;
- i) at the minimum maintaining the Real Living Wage for housekeepers and Security Officers.
- ii) the protection of contractual hours.
Any queries to be addressed to Sally Bridge at firstname.lastname@example.org