Royal Mail Group – Statutory Health and Safety Notice Boards (SHE Standard 4.3 & Appendix)
To: All Branches
See attached for your information the Royal Mail Group, Safety Health and Environment Standard 4.3 and Appendix (Guidance) which explains Royal Mail Group’s business arrangements for ensuring a consistent approach to the displaying of legally required
Notices and those displayed as a ‘Mandatory Policy’ requirement across Royal Mail Group. This includes:-
This Standard applies across the whole of Royal Mail Group (RMG) including Royal Mail, Parcelforce Worldwide, Logistics, International, Royal Mail Specialist Services and their support functions, such as Property, Fleet, Engineering and Programmes etc., and sets out the arrangements for ensuring that:
• Statutory Notices are displayed as required by legislation
• Notices are displayed as required by Royal Mail Group (RMG) Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) Management System Standards
• Key SHE performance and management information are displayed which are relevant to people at the Unit
• Notice Board displays are consistent across RMG
The Unit Manager is required by Royal Mail to ensure that the Notice Boards are established and maintained as set out in the SHE Standard.
Some of the legally required and important Notices included are:-
• HSE Law Poster
• RMG Safety & Health Policy
• RMG Environment Policy
• Employers Liability Insurance Cover
• SHE Organisation Structure
• RMG Safety Roles & Responsibilities
• First Aider List
• Fire Evacuation Information
• Safety Performance information
• Severe Weather Standard Preparation Checklist
• Health and Safety Committee Notes
• H&S Action Plan
• PPE Matrix
(Full list details in attachments).
SPDO’s are included in the buildings required to have a Statutory Health and Safety Notice Board and where there is limited wall space to accommodate Notice Boards, then legal and mandatory notices MUST be displayed in the most suitable location. Where there is insufficient space those that are not legally required or of a mandatory nature MUST be kept in a ring binder folder and retained in a prominent position to be used to brief new entrants and to inform all visitors and contractors on their arrival at the Unit.
Notice Boards can be obtained by calling the RM Group Helpdesk on: 0844 800 9191
The Safety, Health and Environment Engagement Manager will ensure that appropriate communications materials are maintained to deliver the necessary communications for compliance with this SHE Standard 4.3.
The RM Group SHE Audit & Performance Manager will audit and monitor compliance with SHE Standard 4.3.
National Health, Safety & Environment Officer