BT Group – National Industrial Action Ballot Result
Please find attached a copy of the declaration of the result for the recent industrial action ballot of CWU members employed by BT plc, EE Ltd and Openreach Ltd.
The current legislation requires the union to provide all persons entitled to vote in the ballot and the relevant employers “as soon as is reasonably practicable” after receiving the declaration of the result for the ballot with the following information:
- The number of individuals who were entitled to vote in the ballot.
- The number of votes cast in the ballot.
- The number of individuals answering “Yes” to the question.
- The number of individuals answering “No” to the question.
- The number of spoiled or otherwise invalid voting papers returned.
- Whether or not the number of votes cast in the ballot is at least 50% of the number of individuals who were entitled to vote in the ballot.
Therefore, the ballot results for BT plc and Openreach Ltd meet the required threshold. Unfortunately, in EE Ltd the threshold was not met.
Accordingly, you must now take immediate steps to publicise the result to all relevant members, however it is essential that any communications regarding the result must be as a minimum contain the information as detailed at items a) to f) inclusively above.
Branches are also reminded that only the National Executive Committee have the authority to instruct members to take industrial action.
Further information regarding the next steps of the dispute will be circulated by the DGS (T&FS) in due course.
Any enquiries regarding this Letter to Branches should be addressed to the Deputy General Secretary’s Department on telephone number 020 8971 7237, or email address email@example.com
Yours sincerely,Tony Kearns
Senior Deputy General SecretaryAndy Kerr
Deputy General Secretary (T&FS)
LTB 291.2022 – BT Group – National Industrial Action Ballot Result (00000003)
Leave a Reply