The National Executive Committee has agreed to introduce CWU Family, which extends some of the benefits available to CWU members to other members of their household at no additional cost.
CWU Family will make available a range of benefits to spouse, civil partner, co-habiting partner and dependent children of CWU members. Enrolment will be by notification by the paid-up member.
Benefits will include:
- Regular updates from the union on news and industrial developments
- Access to an online portal giving updated advice on industrial, employment and benefit matters (including government support relating to the Covid-19 pandemic)
- Full access to the benefits package as available to the existing members as part of our agreement with Parliament Hill Ltd
- Access to Unionline for advice on employment and non-employment matters
- Assistance and representation for personal injuries claims, where appropriate
- Will writing service – free of charge for simple wills, significantly reduced for more complex wills
- Power of attorney at a reduced fee
- Conveyancing service at a reduced fee
Activity is now underway with the aim of launching CWU Family in the autumn. Branches and members will be kept advised.Any enquiries regarding this LTB should be addressed to the Head of Recruitment & Organising by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Head of Recruitment & Organising