2020 Dispute Relating to Honouring & Deploying the Four Pillars of Security & Pay/Guiding Principles National Agreement between the CWU & RMG
Please find attached a copy of the declaration of the result for the recent industrial action ballot of CWU members employed by the Royal Mail Group (excluding members working in Royal Mail Property and Facility Solutions, and Parcelforce Worldwide).
The current legislation requires the union to provide all persons entitled to vote in the ballot and the relevant employers “as soon as is reasonably practicable” after holding of the ballot the following information:
- The number of individuals who were entitled to vote in the ballot.
- The number of votes cast in the ballot.
- The number of individuals answering “Yes” to the question, or as the case may be, to each question.
- The number of individuals answering “No” to the question, or as the case may be, to each question.
- The number of spoiled or otherwise invalid voting papers returned.
- Whether or not the number of votes cast in the ballot is at least 50% of the number of individuals who were entitled to vote in the ballot.
Therefore the ballot result meets the required threshold.
Accordingly you must now take immediate steps to publicise the result to all relevant members, however it is essential that any communications regarding the result must be as a minimum contain the information as detailed at items a) to f) inclusively above.
Branches are also reminded that only the National Executive Council have the authority to instruct members to take industrial action.
Further information regarding the next steps of the dispute will be circulated by the DGS (Postal) in due course.
Yours sincerely,Tony Kearns
Senior Deputy General SecretaryTerry Pullinger
Deputy General Secretary Postal