Scottish Hazards Conference 2019 – ‘Tackling Toxic Workplaces’ – Glasgow, 7 November 2019:
This year’s Scottish Hazards Conference will be held on Thursday 7 November, in partnership with the Trade Union Education Centre at City of Glasgow College, and supported by the STUC. This year’s theme will be ‘Tackling Toxic Workplaces!’
The event is aimed primarily at Trade Union Health and Safety Reps. The agenda will once again be packed with informative content to help Trade Union Health and Safety Reps in the workplace, including:
- MSP’s from across the political spectrum discussing the potential for devolution of health and safety;
- Professor Andy Watterson setting out how a toxics use reduction strategy could benefit, and be implemented, in Scotland;
- Input on St Ambrose and Buchanan High Schools, glyphosate and welding fumes;
- An overview of campaigns aimed at tackling violence and aggression in the workplace; and
A choice of workshops including: air pollution; ill health/capability dismissals; and toxic work environments.
Date and Location:
- Thursday 7 November 2019
- City of Glasgow College Riverside Campus, G5 9XB
£55 waged and £10 unwaged.
Event Application Form and Flyer
This is attached – to book a place please complete and return the form as instructed as soon as possible.
National Health, Safety & Environment Officer