Royal Mail Group – Flu Inoculation Voucher Campaign
In 2017 a large number of the Royal Mail Group workforce was unfortunate enough to catch flu, causing them great pain and discomfort and time away from work. This meant that in addition to members being unwell, the service to customers was affected.
In 2018 Royal Mail Group agreed to offer all employees a free flu inoculation or flu jab voucher and it’s been agreed that this will again be offered to all staff for 2019.
Royal Mail Group is again working with Lloyds Pharmacy this winter to provide ‘free flu jab inoculations’.
Members can collect their free flu jab voucher from their manager. Managers will print off a voucher for them to take to their local Lloyds Pharmacy branch. The vouchers will be valid for use from today 14 October 2019 until 31 December 2019.
I have attached some of the awareness raising communications including:-
- A copy of the WTLL issued as of today Monday 14 October.
- RMG ‘Free Flu Jab Voucher’ RMTV Screenshot/Poster.
- RMG ‘Free Flu Jab Voucher’ Q & A’s.
The CWU is encouraging members to seriously consider taking up this offer which will be available to them free of charge and obtained from a leading high street pharmacy and dispensing chemist company (Lloyds Pharmacy) via a voucher that will be available on request from their Manager.
In 2017 over 31,000 employees were affected by flu/flu-like symptoms which was a 31.2% increase on the previous year with 127,256 days lost to flu or flu-like symptoms which was a 42.1% increase. The estimated cost to the Royal Mail Group was over £41 million.
It has been agreed that there will again be a joint campaign promoted by Royal Mail, CWU and Unite/CMA to combat the Flu which can be a painful viral infection. RMG will be running a major communications campaign including WTLL, intranet and messages on internal screens.
See attached NHS Posters to be downloaded and printed off to assist local awareness raising:-
- NHS Catch It, Bin It, Kill It Poster
- NHS Hand Washing Poster
This “Free Flu Jab” offer is open to all Royal Mail employees and the vouchers can be redeemed at any Lloyds Pharmacy branch as long as it’s produced with the employee’s Royal Mail Group ID card. The vouchers will be redeemable from now until the end of December, however it is advised that inoculations are given as soon as possible before the any flu virus becomes prevalent. Employees will have to arrange the flu jab in their own time and there will be no on-site clinics.
Some key points to note are as follows:-
- New recruits are included in the ‘Free Flu Jab’ scheme.
- Any member who lives 15 miles or over from a Lloyds Pharmacy can use an alternative pharmacy/chemist shop company which is more conveniently located to obtain their flu jab and they will be reimbursed on provision of a receipt, paid via T&S. Prior authorisation from their manager is required.
- Temporary contract and agency workers with a contract or service which has exceeded or is expected to exceed 12 weeks are included and can request a Flu Jab Voucher.
Your assistance in supporting and promoting the campaign, raising awareness locally within your Branch and constituency area would be welcomed and much appreciated.
National Health, Safety & Environment Officer