TUC South West Region – Mental Health at Work Symposium – ‘The Role of Trade Unions’ – Tue 22 January 2019: (A Free of Charge Event)
To: All Branches
The TUC South West Region in conjunction with TUC Unionlearn are organising a ‘Mental Health at Work Symposium’ event focusing on the role of trade unions on Tuesday 22 January 2019, 10:30 – 15:30 GMT.
This event is sponsored by Unionlearn and is ‘free to attend’ for all union members, reps, officers, and organisers and a light lunch will be provided. Unionlearn and the TUC are not responsible for reimbursing any travel costs associated with attendance on the day.
Those interested in attending are advised to book early to guarantee a place.Bottom of Form
- Date and Time: Tue 22 January 2019, 10:30 – 15:30 GMT
- Location: Exeter Corn Exchange, Market Street, Exeter EX1 1BW
This venue is located near Exeter Cathedral and is a 5 minute walk from Exeter Central Station.
A mental health training day for trade union members, reps, officers, and organisers to learn more about:
- how to support members
- negotiating and enabling better mental health at work practices and policies
- the role of trade unions in developing mentally healthy workplaces
- All attendees will be given a ‘goody bag’ of literature that they can take back to their branches and workplaces to use in their day to day roles and help improve wellbeing and mental health support in their work environments and union roles, including the new edition of the Mental Health at Work Handbook from TUC Education.
Sessions on the day include:
- How a cancer diagnosis can affect mental wellbeing at work
- Dealing with suicide
- Bullying and harassment
- Stress and the workplace
- Developing best practice and workplace policies on mental health
- And more to be listed as confirmed
Registration is online at:- https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/mental-health-at-work-symposium-the-role-of-trade-unions-tickets-52914161682
National Health, Safety & Environment Officer