Brake’ Fleet Safety Awards 2018
To: All Branches
The annual Fleet Safety Awards is a prestigious annual event, run by ‘Brake’, the UK road safety charity. The awards recognise the achievements of those working to help reduce the number of road crashes involving at-work drivers. Brake welcomes awards entries from organisations running any size or type of fleet, as well as from companies that provide road safety products or services to fleets.
At this year’s event held on Thursday 11 October at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole, Royal Mail Group’s Safety, Health and Environment team, headed by Royal Mail Group Global Director of Safety, Health, Wellbeing & Sustainability Dr. Shaun Davis had a successful evening, after being shortlisted in five of the eleven categories, winning two and being highly commended in three of them as follows:-
- Company Driver Safety Award – Large Fleet – Highly Commended.
- Sustainable journeys (environment) – Winner.
- Road Safety in the Community – Highly Commended.
- Safe Vehicles – Shortlisted.
- Road Risk Manager of the Year – Winner (Mark Bromhall Royal Mail Group Road Safety Manager).
National Health, Safety & Environment Officer