Safe & Well – August 2018
To: All Branches
Please see attached the August edition of Safe and Well newsletter with contributions from our USRs and field teams.
The August 2018 issue contents include:
• Drivers: using the VRM system
• Drivers: remember to Prove It in a RTC
• Vehicles: if the steps don’t fit
• Near Misses: razor blades and faulty hammers
• AMS Box: updates for August
• Incident: live voltage in welfare room
• Incident: battery burns
• Incident: MDF electrical shock
• Equipment: check your crocs!
• Wildlife: more winged horrors of summer
• Action: check you aren’t creating a pallet panic
• Info: updates on the pre climb check – on hold
• Info: “That’s How” video on Licence to Manage
• Equipment: KJB5 fixing the faulty lifters
• Health and Wellbeing – Don’t twist and shout/how to get other help and support
Thanks to TSO colleagues for sharing their incidents/near misses with us – we have highlighted a couple of these as they relate to our teams as well.
National Health, Safety & Environment Officer