See attached flyer for the 2018 CWU Annual Conference Health and Safety Fringe Meeting. Our guest speaker this year will be Alan Craddock, HSE Head of Transport and Public Services Unit, Engagement and Policy Division.
Alan Craddock is the National Head of Transport and Public Services Unit, Engagement and Policy Division at the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). He has been with the HSE for 30 years, serving in various roles, mostly in operational work with short spells in HSE HQ where he led and changed HSE’s approach to investigations. He is currently heading up the Transport and Public Services Unit within the HSE Engagement and Policy Division. He has also headed up the HSE Manufacturing sector and had extensive spells as Head of Operations for HSE’s Construction Division and before then Head of Operations for the HSE Midlands Region. He has a wide range of experience, including work with the police, local authorities and other Government departments. He now leads on two priority strategies – public services and transport.
Alan will be discussing the HSE Health and Safety strategy ‘Help Great Britain Work Well’, covering the following key issues:
- Stress and Mental Health
- Musculo-Skeletal Disorders
- Occupational Lung Disease
1. The Sector Plans for Health and Safety in the Logistics and Transport sector, the priorities of which are:
- Reducing the impact of poorly controlled loads
- Reducing the rate of ill health caused by musculo-skeletal disorders
- Increasing engagement with work related road risk
2. The Sector Plans for Health and Safety in the Utilities sector, the priorities of which are:
- Ensure new large infrastructure projects, and ageing plant and assets, do not lead to an increase in injuries or ill health
- Acknowledge there is no acceptable level for harm to consumers by unsafe gas work
- Ensure that worker competence is maintained and managed for the future
Additional areas of interest include:
- The importance of Safety Rep/Worker Engagement and involvement
- HSE Enforcement
- Court Penalty and Fine Levels
- Work Related Mental Ill Health and Stress (Stevenson/Farmer Report and BITC Report Outcomes)
Between 100 – 150 delegates attend the popular H&S Fringe Meeting at CWU Conference every year – please join us at 1:00pm on the 23rd April. All are welcome and a light buffet lunch will be served.
National Health, Safety & Environment Officer
18LTB211 CWU Conference 2018 – Health & Safety Fringe Meeting Monday 23rd April 2018 100pm – Guest Speaker – Alan Craddock, HSE Head of Transport and Public Services Unit, Engagement and Policy Division