Attendance Procedure – Update
Due to a surge in the number of complaints around the current Occupational Health model and approach to sickness absence the department met with Royal Mail yesterday where we discussed the issues reported.
◦ Equality Act – a perceived lack of proper consultation and inappropriate issuing of attendance reviews
◦ Moving to Leaving the Business through Ill Health(LTBIH) too quickly·
◦ Part day absences·
◦ Inappropriate use of the notification / line in the sand letter
◦ Contact Strategy being abused·
◦ Inappropriate threats to and actual stoppage of sick pay
◦ Difficulties in rehabilitation plans
◦ Inconsistency in timescales and getting / not getting OH advice.
We have agreed to meet again next week as a matter of urgency to find solutions to the issues facing our members.
The solutions will include setting up interventions in the worst perceived areas, retraining on aspects of the attendance procedure to ensure the attendance agreement is adhered to.
This activity will link into the work we started last year and the activity we have committed to carry out in the Four Pillars and Pay agreement. Both parties are committed to moving this forward as quickly as possible.
All enquiries regarding the content of this LTB should be addressed to the PTCS Department, quoting reference 415. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.