2022/2023 Dispute relating to International Distributions Services (previously Royal Mail Group) for all CWU represented grades in Royal Mail Group (including Parcelforce and Fleet). Pay, unagreed change, job security, disciplining CWU Reps, activists and members. Breaking and terminating various collective agreements and protections
Please find atached a copy of the declaration of the result for the recent industrial action ballot of the above CWU members employed by Royal Mail Group.
The current legislation requires the union to provide all persons entitled to vote in the ballot and the relevant employers “as soon as is reasonably practicable” after holding of the ballot the following information:
- The number of individuals who were entitled to vote in the ballot.
- The number of votes cast in the ballot.
- The number of individuals answering “Yes” to the question, or as the case may be, to each question.
- The number of individuals answering “No” to the question, or as the case may be, to each question.
- The number of spoiled or otherwise invalid voting papers returned.
- Whether or not the number of votes cast in the ballot is at least 50% of the number of individuals who were entitled to vote in the ballot.
Therefore, the ballot result meets the required threshold.
Accordingly you must now take immediate steps to publicise the result to all relevant members, however it is essential that any communications regarding the result must as a minimum contain the information as detailed at items a) to f) inclusively above.
Branches are also reminded that only the Industrial Executive Committee has the authority to instruct members to take industrial action.
Further information regarding the next steps of the dispute will be circulated by the DGS (Postal) in due course.
Any enquiries regarding this Letter to Branches should be addressed to the Senior Deputy General Secretary’s Department on telephone number 020 8971 7237, or email address email@example.com.
Yours sincerely,Dave WardTony KearnsAndy FureyGeneral SecretarySenior Deputy General SecretaryActing Deputy General Secretary Postal
Leave a Reply