POST OFFICE: FORMAL SUBMISSION OF PAY CLAIM – 1ST APRIL 2020
The Postal Executive has today formally endorsed our pay claim letter on behalf of all members working in the Post Office. The pay claim is for a single year from 1st April 2020 and has a number of key elements as follows:
- 3% pay increase to basic pensionable pay flowing through to all paybill components
- Consolidation of all bonus monies into basic pensionable pay
- Improvements to employer contributions to the DC pension scheme
- Improvements to annual leave entitlements
- Average pay for annual leave for full-timers
A balanced package of measures would make for a better settlement and will be more attractive to our members than just a standard pay increase, hence the inclusion of the elements above. Also included in the claim is a proposal for the introduction of a Collective Defined Contribution (CDC) pension scheme in line with conference policy from 2018 (Motion 22).
In order to make early progress, we have offered Post Office management a series of meeting dates in February and March as our aspiration on behalf of our members is to reach an early settlement if possible.
Branches are urged to bring this LTB to the attention of our Post Office members.
Further developments will be reported.