The purpose of this LTB is to advise Branches that the NEC has recently received a report and presentation on the outcome of the independent review that was commissioned on Unionline. The report and its findings are very thorough and address the following:
- The governance structures and day to day running of the business
- Financial performance and likely impact on CWU finances
- The arrangements on the partnership with GMB
- The performance of Unionline in relation to the services provided to CWU members
- The sustainability of the Unionline business model
Branches will be aware that Unionline is jointly owned by CWU and GMB and as such it is important that in considering the report we take fully into account the need to protect the commercial interests of CWU and our sister union the GMB. Therefore, at this point it is not appropriate for the report to be available in the public domain.
Furthermore, given the comprehensive nature of the report and its findings, we will now need to engage in a series of detailed discussions prior to me placing a document to the NEC with recommendations on how we move Unionline forward. This is a major piece of work and it will not be finalised until end of January/February 2019. Once this work has been completed, we will be making appropriate arrangements for Branches to be fully updated on the report. Further information will be sent to Branches in due course.
Any enquiries on the content of this the General Secretary email@example.com.