Fight For Your Rights To Safety’ – A TUC (North West Region) and Greater Manchester Hazards Training event For Trade Unions, June 8th, Manchester:
To: All Branches
The Health, Safety and Environment Department has been notified by the TUC North West Region and Greater Manchester Hazards Centre that they are organising a special Health and Safety training event to celebrate 150 years of the TUC.
The safety and health of workers is good for the workplace, society and the economy. This event will look at what can be learnt from the past to show what improvements need to be made to ensure workers leave the workplace healthy and uninjured now and in the future.
Speakers will address the challenges Trade Unions face and what needs to be done in response to keep workers safe.
The Speakers are:-
• Paul Holleran – GMB – How do we tackle health and safety in the GIG economy/Uber?
• Adam Lincoln – UCU – How do we tackle work related stress and workload in all our sectors?
• Lizanne Davenport – Unison – How do we improve the health and safety of unorganised and precarious workers like care workers?
• Suzanne Humphreys – Thompsons Solicitors – How can the law support workers challenging unacceptable and health damaging working conditions?
• Kevin Rowan – TUC & HSE Board Member – Safety Reps Organising for Safety
The event will be chaired by Doug Russell, National Health and Safety Officer USDAW and Frances O’Grady, TUC General Secretary, will open up the conference. To apply please register using Eventbrite on the link at: https://www.tuc.org.uk/events/you-gotta-fight-your-right-safety-health-safety-workplace
Contact Janet Newsham: email: Janet@gmhazards or 0161 636 7558 for more information.
The Event Flyer is attached.
National Health, Safety & Environment Officer