Air Pollution – A Trade Union Issue, Free Half Day Course, Manchester, Friday, 1st December 2017, from 1.00pm – 4.00pm (Organised jointly by the Hazards Campaign & Greener Jobs Alliance)
To: All Branches
The Hazards Campaign and Greener Jobs Alliance are jointly providing this free of charge half day course in Manchester entitled ‘Air Pollution – A Trade Union Issue’ and CWU Health and Safety and Other Reps can register for a place. Numbers are limited so apply as soon as possible.
Air pollution in the UK is a public health emergency. Over 40,000 people die each year from causes linked to the air that they breathe – more than obesity and alcohol combined.
Workers are exposed to and create pollution to fulfil contractual obligations to employers. It is an occupational health issue that employers take little responsibility for.
Attending this course will help you to:
• Examine why air pollution is both a workplace issue and a public health one
• Find out about air pollution busting Citizen Science techniques
• Create action plans to deal with workplace exposures
• Create action plans to meaningfully engage in air pollution with local councils
• Share experience, knowledge and ideas
Venue: UNISON Regional Office
Arena Point 1
Manchester M3 1UN
Date: Friday 1st December 2017
Time: 1pm – 4pm
Registration: To register for a ‘Free’ place please e-mail: email@example.com
For further information please call Janet Newsham on Tel: 0161 6367558
A ‘Free’ Lunch will be provided.
National Health, Safety & Environment Officer