CWU BLACK AND ETHNIC MINORITY MEMBERS LEADERSHIP 1
The CWU is committed to encouraging more BME members to get involved in the union at all levels because we believe this makes us stronger and more relevant in the workplace. This newly designed course can be delivered over two or three days and includes a full programme of group activities, presentations and guest speakers all facilitated by experienced CWU tutors.
Aims of the programme:
This course is designed to:
- Help BME members become more active in the CWU
- Develop a better understanding of what unions are and how they work
- Provide an opportunity to build effective support and networks for BME activists
- Develop new ideas for how BME members can work at the heart of the CWU
- To help YOU become more active in the CWU
Who should attend?
Any new BME activists who have recently taken on any role in the CWU and BME members who are considering getting more active in the CWU. You can work for any of the companies where we have a presence and don’t worry if you haven’t attended any union events or courses before, our tutors will be there to support you and you’ll find that union learning is a lot of fun, providing great opportunities for discussion, networking and sharing ideas and experiences.
This course is designed to ensure that everyone gets the chance to participate fully through working in small groups, taking part in group discussions, role play and practical exercises.
This course does not attract paid release from the employers that we work with.
The following Black and Ethnic Minority Members Leadership course is currently scheduled to take place at the CWU Education and Training Centre at Alvescot Lodge.
- Friday 3rd – Sun 5th July 2015 (Closing date for applications – Friday 5th June)